Job Title: Project Officer
# of positions required: 2 staffs
Contract: 9 Months (it could be extended depending on availability of funds)
Closing Date: 23h June, 2019
Puntland Youth and Social Development Association (PSA) is local non-governmental, non- profit organization established in 2002 by a group of enthusiastic young educated members of society and it is based in Puntland state – Somalia
In 2019/2020, Puntland Youth and Social Development Association (PSA) in partnership with SSF is planning to implement Peacebuilding Project In Galkaiyo District, the timeframe for the project would be 11 months.
Within the frame work of the PSA Peacebuilding component, the organization seeks to fill the position of Project Officer in Galkaiyo district
The Project officer will be responsible but not limited to the following:
- The Peacebuilding Officer provides technical and programmatic oversight for all Peacebuilding activities undertaken.
- To plan, implement, monitor and reports on the activities specified in the Peacebuilding work-plan
- The Peacebuilding Officer’s work will include development of Peacebuilding messages and materials, and training/capacity building of local staff and counterparts and oversight of Peacebuilding activities by local staff and community.
- Prepare needed reports.
- Produce and arrange for the broadcasting of TV/radio spots
- Develop and maintain detailed plans for projects, producing them in a variety of formats as necessary to suit different audiences.
- Provide appropriate and timely updates to key stakeholders on project implementation.
- Compile and maintain a risks and issues log at project level.
- Maintain project management templates, produce guidance and support documents.
- Help in co-coordinating, planning and reporting systems; experience of project co-ordination.
- Support a project team to manage competing work priorities. Time management skills. Strong organization skills.
- Knowledge of programme management standards, tools and techniques applicable to the project.
- Handle highly confidential information with tact, discretion and sensitivity.
- Requires a degree in Peace-Building, Sociology, International Relations, Conflict studies or other related field
- at least 2 years field experience working with Communities in Peace-Building programming and familiar with program design and management in an NGO context.
- Experience in working with communities. Very strong communication skills
- Knowledge of humanitarian industry including sphere standards (Core Humanitarian Standards)
- Strong problem solving, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Ability to work with different partners, local authorities, local organizations and NGOs, to develop and maintain positive relationships.
- Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse contexts, psychologically stressful environments and physical hardship conditions with limited resources
- Ability to cope and deal with stress and work under stressful work conditions is a requirement
- Commitment to PSA Core Values and Vision Statement
- Knowledgeable of MS Word, Excel, Power Point etc.
Application and CV:
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated their CV with contact details for 3 referees and cover letter explaining his/her motivation and why they are suited for the post to this email: Recruitment.PSA2002@gmail.com to be received by 23th June 2019. The email Subject Line must show the job title of the position applied for. PSA is an equal-opportunity employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.