Job Title: Director of Peacebuilding
# of positions required: 1 staff
Contract: 9 Months (it could be extended depending on availability of funds)
Closing Date: 28th June, 2019
Puntland Youth and Social Development Association (PSA) is local non-governmental, non- profit organization established in 2002 by a group of enthusiastic young educated members of society and it is based in Puntland state – Somalia
In 2019/2020, Puntland Youth and Social Development Association (PSA) in partnership with SSF is planning to implement Peacebuilding Project In Galkaiyo District, the timeframe for the project would be 11 months.
Within the frame work of the PSA Peacebuilding component, the organization seeks to fill the position of Director of peacebuilding in Galkaiyo district
The Director of peacebuilding will be responsible but not limited to the following:
- Lead in the development of Galkiayo peace-building program strategy and approaches to Peacebuilding.
- Lead, manage and supervise all Peace Building staff to meet project objectives.
- Oversee periodic technical reviews and manage changes in response direction and focus.
- Ensure integration of peace building interventions with other Galkiayo peace-building program activities.
- Ensure compliance by project staff to administrative and operational procedures and policies, as well as applicable donor regulations.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of project progress status.
- Ensure the delivery of quality training and technical assistance to response staff, implementing partners and communities.
- Coordinate the development, dissemination and promotion of Peace Building strategies, adoption/adaptation of relevant standards and tools.
- Liaise with relevant regional and technical staff to ensure appropriate and timely technical assistance is provided to achieve response goals.
- Adapt and promote DO NO HARM in Emergencies techniques to local context and train all stakeholders.
- Oversee program’s monitoring and evaluation system, using data analysis as the basis for measuring performance.
- Make continuous analysis of rapidly changing external context, ensuring that lessons of sound practices are well documented and disseminated.
- Ensure strong linkages between National level and local initiatives to promote Peace Building in Galkiayo
- Ensure strong linkages are built between PSA, SSF partners and relevant Government authorities at the regional and local levels.
- Participate in all internal meetings to ensure appropriate integration and information sharing between response team members.
- BA or equivalent in Peacebuilding, Social Science, Social Work, conflict resolution related programs
- Minimum Five years of senior level experience in peace building and conflict mediation Strong ability to lead activities in Peacebuilding and conflict resolution
- Strong analytical and strategic policy development experience
- At least 2 to 4 years’ experience in management role
- A proven policy, advisory and advocacy experience and track record of engagement with senior levels of government, United Nations, and donors
- Knowledge of and capacity to work on Office applications
- Experience in participatory techniques and community mobilization
- Knowledge and ability to speak the language of the local community preferred
- Experience working with Peacebuilding and conflict resolution and providing regular documentation preferred
- Ability to work with a team and to operate as a team manager;
- Demonstrate capacity to work in a professional and timely manner, as well as, capacity to set priorities in a high pressure environment
- Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting
Application and CV:
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated their CV with contact details for 3 referees and cover letter explaining his/her motivation and why they are suited for the post to this email: Recruitment.PSA2002@gmail.com to be received by 28th June 2019. The email Subject Line must show the job title of the position applied for. PSA is an equal-opportunity employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.