Job Title: Community Mobilizer Assistant
# of positions required: 1 staff
Contract: 9 Months (it could be extended depending on availability of funds)
Closing Date: 23th June, 2019
Puntland Youth and Social Development Association (PSA) is local non-governmental, non- profit organization established in 2002 by a group of enthusiastic young educated members of society and it is based in Puntland state – Somalia
In 2019/2020, Puntland Youth and Social Development Association (PSA) in partnership with SSF is planning to implement Peacebuilding Project In Galkaiyo District, the timeframe for the project would be 11 months.
Within the frame work of the PSA Peacebuilding component, the organization seeks to fill the position of Community Mobilizer assistant- peacebuilding in Galkaiyo district
The Community Mobilizer assistant – peacebuilding will be responsible but not limited to the following:
- Participate in planning and budgeting, preparation of work plans, implementation of planned activities and monitoring/ reporting of progress.
- Facilitate and monitor the implementation of planned activities and community level engagements.
- Mobilize and facilitate the engagements of stakeholders during planning and development meetings, workshops and seminars.
- Identify local level partners, support and facilitate the partnership in the implementation of planned activities.
- Facilitate stakeholders and partners in supervision and monitoring of programmatic activities.
- Support the collection and documentation of impact and success stories on monthly, quarterly, semiannual and annually.
- Diploma or equivalent in Peacebuilding, Social Science, Social Work, conflict resolution related programs
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and team working skills
- Experience in participatory techniques and community mobilization
- Knowledge and ability to speak the language of the local community preferred
- Experience working with Peacebuilding and conflict resolution
- Ability to work with a team and to operate as a team manager;
- Demonstrate capacity to work in a professional and timely manner, as well as, capacity to set priorities in a high pressure environment
- Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting
Application and CV:
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated their CV with contact details for 3 referees and cover letter explaining his/her motivation and why they are suited for the post to this email: Recruitment.PSA2002@gmail.com to be received by 23th June 2019. The email Subject Line must show the job title of the position applied for. PSA is an equal-opportunity employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.