National Professional Officer (Procurement) – ( 1901472 )
Grade : NO-B
Contractual Arrangement : Fixed-term appointment
Contract duration : 2 years (Extension is subject to availability of funds, satisfactory performance and continuing need for the position)
Job Posting : Apr 9, 2019, 11:24:54 AM
Closing Date : Apr 30, 2019, 11:59:00 PM
Primary Location : Somalia-Hargeisa
Organization : EM_SOM WHO Representative’s Office, Somalia
Schedule : Full-time
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME The WHO Country Office Somalia provides support to various programs and activities in the country including procurement of goods and services. Procurement entails timely and cost effective provision of medical and non medical supplies, equipment and services for the implementation of the country office health collaborative programs.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Prepare cost estimates and procuring equipment and supplies locally and through the Global Management System (GSM).
- Review procurement requests received from the incident management team well as other sub- offices, review various contractual documents for compliance with contract specifications;authorize the payment of suppliers and freight forwarders invoices in coordination with the budget and finance team.
- Monitor the preparation and distribution of invitations for bids and requests for quotation to qualified suppliers. Review offers and provide input on contract awards, in compliance with the WHO standards, policies and procedures.
- Track and updated the suppliers’ database, prepare suppliers’ performance evaluations, identify and take appropriate action regarding suppliers who repeatedly fail to comply with the terms and conditions of their contracts.5
.Draft audit responses, review and follow- up on any outstanding audit recommendations related to the procurement of goods or services.
- Work closely with the Global Service Center (GSC), Regional Office and HQ Procurement Teams to follow up on shipments and provide updates on delivery status or delays; resolve any outstanding issues.
- Provide notice of shipment to consignees; prepare claims for lost,damaged or incorrect shipments and assist in obtaining settlements as necessary; coordinate the resolution of claim issues with suppliers concerning their non-compliance with contractual terms and conditions.
- Set up and maintain an appropriate documentation and archiving system to allow easy retrieval and use of purchase authorization/purchase orders and reports received.
Education Essential: First university degree in pharmacy, business or public administration, procurement or logistics.
Desirable: A relevant Master’s degree or professional qualification in procurement
Experience Essential: At least two years of relevant experience in procurement and contracting operations.
Desirable: Experience in in developing countries. Prior humanitarian working experience at field level, with WHO, other UN agency, health cluster partners, recognized humanitarian organizations or with an international nongovernmental organization.
- ->Thorough knowledge in supply operations and procurement services
- ->Excellent organizational and analytical skills with the ability to coordinate activities and multitask.